Shadows and texture

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM
I was browsing around the new Nine engine's code you've uploaded ( which by the way was exactly the kind of engine I was looking for ) and I found something confusing, in order to render shadows do I actually have to render twice the model with different shaders or what? It's just because your shadow demo doesn't seem to work somehow ( could be a problem with my pc, but I kind of doubt it ) and by running the shadows sample all I get is a black specular material with shadows on both objects and nothing else. How do I actually apply texture while keeping the shadow texture? Sorry for the disturbance but this small problem is only thing that keeps me from not developing using your engine =) Thanks
Jul 2, 2010 at 5:29 PM
Sorry for the delay of response. Have been busy with my course test. But I didn't come up with a similar problem as you described. Maybe you could offer some more information on the situation like what those specular shadow look like (would be nice if you send us a screenshot), along with your PC environment like DirectX version, Windows edition, version of XNA you've installed etc. if you don't mind. We are happy to try our best to keep you away from those problems and make Nine Engine stable:). Thank you!
Jul 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM
One possible reason is that your graphics card is not supporting some texture feature required by the shadow effects. Try press the Space key when running the shadow map sample. What you got?