heightmap height data?

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:08 AM
im typing all this from a phone so please excuse the lack of punctuation. i love the engine so far however i do have a question. i have created a game refrencing the nine.graphics namespace. i have loaded a heightmap with a custom effect file so i can set multiple textures. i have lod set to true. all works great but the issue i run into is with my height map i have noticed that no matter what size the img file used for the heightmap is the map stays the same size and also i can not seem to find where the height per pixel is set. i have always used a Color array for my height data and devided that by a float to get my height. does this engine not take the same action? i have spent the better part of my day trying to find where i can make my terrain larger and also make the mountains higher. is this possible?
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 4:16 AM
Sure, I assume you already know how to process the heightmap using the HeightmapProcessor, then there are 2 parameters in the HeightmapProcessor that defines the size and height of the terrain. The Step property defines the size of each cell of the terrain, adjust that to make the terrain larger. The Height property defines the maximum height of the mountains. This should work.

I'm basically using the same approach to store height data, DrawableSurface.Heightmap.Heights is a floating point array that stores the actual height of each point.

Thanks.