Failed creating graphic device on Silverlight demo

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Hi,

I got "failed creating graphic device" visiting the silverlight skined models link. 3D graphic rating on the Win 7 control panel| performance information is 4.5. Isn't that good enough for Silverlight 3D? Could it be other issues?

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM
It's the problem with Silverlight 5 3D permission. Open "Microsoft Silverlight" from start menu, go to Permissions tab, look for "3D Graphics: use blocked display drivers" with the site http://file.cnblogs.com:80 , allow that permission.

I'm also looking for alternatives to enable this permission.
Jan 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Thanks! I got the demo running. Is the demo code available for download? It’s a pity that Silverlight 5 engine could not pop up a dialog for granting the 3D permission just like it does for local isolated storage. Upon visiting the link first time, after 'OK' is clicked on "Failed creating graphic device" pop up, the demo would not allow me to "right click" and access the permission tab of Silverlight. Can we do something about it? Is it possible to make the change "in-place" instead of invoking Silverlight from the start menu?

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Edited Jan 13, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Just download the latest source code. It is possible to make the change in place. But you still can't pop up a dialog to ask for permission, that sucks.