This project is read-only.

Error opening sources

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to run Nine tutorials from de source, because I have to change tutorials to Reach mode. When I unzip Sources.zip and open Samples.Windows.sln solution I have this error:

C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Tutorial\TutorialData\TutorialData.csproj : error  : Unable to read the project file 'TutorialData.csproj'.
C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Tutorial\TutorialData\TutorialData.csproj: The project file could not be loaded. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Tutorial\TutorialData\TutorialData.csproj'.

There is no TutorialData folder inside Tutorial folder. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:35 AM
It seems to be a bug for the binary release.
You can just remove the tutorial data project and remove the example controller from "09. World.xaml".
Feb 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Thanks for your quick response, I exclude from project "09. Hello World.xaml" file, but when I build the solution I have another 6 errors and 28 warnings in reach mode, I put only the errors:

Error 12 Missing asset "C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Effects\NormalMappingEffect.xml". C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Effects\NormalMappingEffect.xml Materials
Error 6 Missing asset "C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Effects\ShadowEffect.xml". C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Effects\ShadowEffect.xml ShadowMapping
Error 5 Missing asset "C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Effects\SkinnedEffect.xml". C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Effects\SkinnedEffect.xml SkinnedModel
Error 18 Missing asset "C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Terrain\Splat.xml". C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Terrain\Splat.xml Terrain
Error 17 Missing asset "C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Worlds\NavigatorsScene.xml". C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Content\Worlds\NavigatorsScene.xml Navigators
Error 32 XNA Framework Reach profile does not support vertex shader model 3.0. C:\Program Files\Engine Nine\v1.2\Samples\Sources\Tutorial\TutorialContent\Tutorials\03. Terrain.xaml Tutorial

Effects folder doesn't exist. I think I can not run it :(

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM

My fault. Can you try download the source code directly? It contains the full samples code.
Feb 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I have downloaded the source code, I set Tutorial project propertie to Reach mode, and I have this problem:

Error 12 XNA Framework Reach profile does not support vertex shader model 3.0. D:\XNA\nine-65184\Samples\Tutorial\Tutorial\obj\x86\Debug\DisplayObjectContent-6808F592B0B6DC0DDF8DC3ACA90EDDB1.xml Tutorial

I have exclude from project 03. Terrain.xaml, 05. Lights.xaml and 06. Shadows.xaml files, because the same error, but I don't konw how to save this problem. Any idea?

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM
These features requires the HiDef profile to compile.
Feb 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

So there is solution for me...