This project is read-only.

blender modelling

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM

have you experienced problems with blender models. it´s nearly impossible to export a more complex model to .x or .fbx that can be correctly imported by the default pipeline importer.

if there is an animation or a pose in the file the model is entirely deformed. it seems that the importer isn´t transforming the bones.

what modelling tools do you use?

i figured out the following:

it seems to be an issue in the ExtendedModelProcessor. it doesn´t matter which model format you use. i tried .x, .fbx and .dae (with a custom importer).

if there is a rotation X, Y, and/or Z it seems that the bones are transformed but the meshes aren´t. and therefore the entire model is drawn deformed. but only if "generate animation data" is checked.

i really don´t know why the dude-model doesn´t behave that way ...

if you are interested i can supply a very basic 2-bone model

Oct 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM

It might has something to do with how the ExtendedModelProcessor and BoneAnimation handles the transform of the root bone.  It's been a while and I don't really know for sure. I was using the Panda X exporter and 3DMax for animations. My experience is that if the .X animation shows up correctly in the DirectX mesh viewer then the engine should handle that properly.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM

thank you - seems to work better with .x and the right combination of export params ;-)