This project is read-only.

Animated model created in Blender

Jan 13, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Hi all.

I'm stuck.... with implementation of animation of my model. Model is created in Blender (2.64). I created armature with one animation (walking animation). But when I load Nine.Graphics.Model, count of Animations is zero.... There is no error during building application and game runs good. But there are no animations. Model is created programmatically in LoadContent method. Model is in FBX format, but I also tried use X format with same result.

Is there someone who has experience with using an animated model created in Blender? Simple .BLEND file would be useful.

Thank you.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Maybe I found problem.... my bad :DI forgot set correct "Content processor" to "Model - Engine Nine". Now I see animations....  This problem seems solved.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Glad you solved your problems :D
Jan 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Hi michaldawn,

We are using 3ds max for animations, but they models won't animate.
Could you maybe help us out with Blender by sending your model and/or export settings?
Much appreciated!

- Stefan 

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Ok, here you can download simple model with one action (animation). 

FBX: dvorakmichal.eu/temp/testanim.fbx
BLEND: dvorakmichal.eu/temp/testanim.blend

You must set Content processor to Model - Engine Nine. There are some another things to solve (e.g. model orientation...). But this is proof, that you can use Blender to create models with animation and use them in Nine Engine. For exporting use buildin standart Autodesk FBX export and then check XNA Strict Option checkbox. That's all I know so far.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM

oh... one thing. If you use Blender, you need to be aware of axis. So when you use Model - Engine Nine content processor, you must expand its properties and set X Axis Rotation to -90 and Y Axis Rotation to 180. (It works for me.).

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Alright, thanks alot! I'll look into it.