Tweening and Moving Models Around

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:04 AM
I'm working with a group of students and we are doing our senior capstone project on Engine Nine 1.4. We've just started to delve into what the Engine can actually do and we are a bit stuck. We're only wanting to move models from point a to point b along a surface which represents a game board. It's proved challenging (we're new to this).

What's the best way to do this? It seems like a tweening animation is the best choice (base on this 2011 thread), but I'm having difficulty getting the tweening animation to do anything to it's target model when I tell it to play. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the result of my experimentation thus far:
anim = new Nine.Animations.TweenAnimation<Matrix>()
            {
                Target = _thePeg,
                TargetProperty = "Transform",
                Duration = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(1),
                From = _thePeg.Transform,
                To = Matrix.CreateScale(.05f,.05f,.05f) * Matrix.CreateTranslation(100, 0, 100),
                Curve = Curves.Linear,
                Repeat = 1,
            };

_thePeg.Animations.Add("MovePeg", anim);
            _thePeg.Animations["MovePeg"].Play();
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Hello jsmith,

Thanks for trying out Engine Nine, there was a confusing design in the animation system, you should use _thePig.Animations.Play("MovePeg") instead.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2013 at 3:30 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.