Using this engine with the Kinect SDK and XNA?

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Hello.

I've been searching for an engine that will help me work with the Kinect in XNA.

Since I'm new to this field of programming (graphic oriented stuff), I can't say that I know if this engine can help me. What I primarily need is an easy way to map the Kinect skeleton to the skeleton of the model. I haven't seen any mention of this here so I was wondering if there are any benefits to using this engine while working with the kinect?

What I have seen is that this engine offers high graphics and high performance, which isn't something I really need for my project, but definitely doesn't hurt :)
Could you tell me if this engine offers some support for the kinect and, if not, is there an engine that could help me work on such a project?
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2013 at 3:12 AM
We have the ability to easily draw 3d skeleton models and manipulate the bones of the skeleton, but there is no out of the box support for mapping Kinect skeleton to the model skeleton. I'm not aware of any game engines that had implemented this mapping.

If you know in detail how the Kinect skeleton and 3d model skeleton works, you're probably able to implement this mapping on your own.