Nine Integration

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Hello,

I'm working on integration between Nine and an exporting tool that will be used for our internal team, but as soon as I have a stable version I will send it to yufeih in order to check if this a good tool and if it should be integrated on NIne or not.

Well, my question is, I've an .xml file with all information about the a model, such as: vertex, uv, path of texture, transform object (position, rotation and scale). I'm trying to implement a content pipeline in order to generate a Scene of Nine, can you give me any clue how I should make an instance of Model or even something that represent a Model inside the Nine. In other words, I don't have a .fbx or .x, but only a .xml file and need to load it into a scene of Nine.

thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Look at IContentImporter, you should create an XNA importer that imports your xml file into a NodeContent.

After that, create a Nine.IContentImporter. Reference implementations can be found at https://nine.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/71ac02e40f9d9c7a73922c916b366131d44a4e9c#Source/Nine.Content/Importers/FbxModelImporter.cs