about the docs

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Hi there,
 You did really very great job! I tried this engine in my own project. The fixed scene can be built with a very simple xaml. It is great but when I tried to make some owner draw like spriteBatch.Draw.. etc. I failed to control it's layer. I want to draw a diamond tiled-map in a 2D game, but xaml cannot descript it.
 Would you please upload more help docs or demo sources, there are too few of that.
waiting for your good news.
Developer
Dec 20, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Hello,

Engine Nine is mostly developed for 3D, but can handle 2D. Are you using version 1.4 or 1.6 (dev)?
Dec 21, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Hi ,
I'm using version 1.4,  for finding out the way to use this engine, I downloaded full soure of version 1.4,  the architecture is stong and a little complicated to understand.  There is no docs or manuals anyway?
I know this engine is mostly used for 3D. But cocos-2d cannot be used to build up web game, and unity3d is a little bit more difficult then xna, so I got Engine.Nine.
Developer
Dec 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Sadly there is no more docs then what can be found on the documentation page.

For drawing 2D objects you can use the interface 'Nine.Graphics.ISprite', where you can draw with basic spritebatch.
Dec 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM
My advise is don't try to reinvent the wheel.

I have been doing a bit of 2D using Farseer Physics, at first I wanted to try and extend the Sprite class to use the Texture and Draw method, but I decided to leave the Sprite alone and add the both to a Group:
<Group>
    <Sprite>
    <Body2D>
</Group>
That way I can let the Sprite handle the drawing. I haven't done tile maps yet, but maybe you can do something like that and transform the Sprite using the Engine Nine classes.
Dec 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Thanks for your advise buddy, but I think it's even more difficult to build that map with Engine.Nine then to build it with my own code. You konw, it's very risky in a project to choose a technical framework lack of supports or successful cases. But Engine.Nine is a very good engine indeed.